Friday, August 17, 2007

From "Georgia on my mind" to "California here we come"

Well. . .some big news! As of today I have accepted a new position-in Los Angeles! I am the new Vice President of Construction and Real Estate for Habitat for Humanity of Greater Los Angeles. This was a tough decision because I have really enjoyed my current role, but it feels right to make this move. We are excited about living in L.A., and we have made sure that this move will not affect our ability to get home as often as we used to. We will be leaving Americus in early September to head out west. I will keep you all posted on new developments and our moving process. Meanwhile, here are a few photos of recent trips to L.A. to help prepare for the Jimmy Carter Work Project this fall.


Me and Jack Baringer at one of the LA work sites in early august.

Laurie went on this trip, and we visited the "Getty" museum of art, one of several major museums in the city. It was wonderful both inside and out.


This is a beach west of Malibu that we visited. You park off the road atop a bluff, and hike down a canyon for 15 minutes to arrive on the beach, which you can walk for miles.




This is the (very low) entrance to a sea cave that we didn't intend to enter until a young couple said we should. We followed them in. . .

And this was the cave. . .



And this was the view!

More to come soon.










































3 Comments:

At 11:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You went in that little opening under the rocks?????

 
At 10:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations--I am happy for both of you. good thing you didn't a house in Americus, GA.
from Mishawaka---Aunt Ann

 
At 7:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are saving me a lot of money on travel. I can see the pictures, without going, or stay with you when I come. Cool. Thanks for sharing. We are happy for you both. Sherry

 

Post a Comment

<< Home