Thursday, February 02, 2006

An Update

The weather here today is a bit nasty. We have heavy rain and thunderstorms, with temps in the 50's. I guess I'm getting spoiled, huh.
The search for a place to live has begun. I have looked at two places so far. The first one I didn't like much, both for the location and the house. Last night on the way home I looked at a 3 bedroom, 1 1/2 bath house for rent near GSW (Georgia South Western University). I really liked it, especially for the location. It is a block from campus, and there are numerous public spaces nearby. There is a nice wooded fitness park a block away, with a running/walking trail and fitness stops. There is also a huge soccer field that could be used for kite flying, frisbee, etc. when empty. The neighborhood seemed well-kept and quiet. It has a great back yard, too. It's a little more expensive than we were hoping for, with rent at 650.00 per month. I will see the inside tomorrow, and see if I can talk him down by signing a year lease, or offering to do some work for free. Here's hoping!

8 Comments:

At 11:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Only 50!!! AWWW that is too bad it was cold for you. Keep us informed about that house. It sounds nice from here.

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger mark van lue said...

Don't forget to either create a log-in name or sign your name at the bottom of your comment so I know who is commenting. Thanks

 
At 3:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now why would you want to know who wrote something?
HA HA :o)

Better get them long johns out, sounds like it's mighty cold out there.
Stay dry and warm. Maybe I'll try and call you this weekend.
Take care my friend.
Terry

 
At 9:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will try to remember next time. I wrote the first one here.
I forgot that my name don't come with this like E-mail.

Mom

 
At 9:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, i feel like i havent heard from you in forever! If your rent includes utilities, then you would be paying less than i do now. Thats kind of a sad thought.

 
At 10:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

7 Feb 2006
from Aunt Ann & Uncle Don
Do you find the cost of living higher in GA than IN?
Actually $650 a month doesn't sound bad, but then I haven't rented for 54 years!!!!!

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger Set Your Sails said...

Only $650?! I would love to pay that much in rent. But then again, my sense of reality has been severely warped for the past year and a half. Has Laurie joined you yet?
-Mayra

 
At 5:03 AM, Blogger mark van lue said...

Yes-I know. . . 650.00 is pretty cheap to rent a house. But given the location, we were hoping for a little less. Americus is actually growing a bit, and becoming a quaint little town with shops and antique stores, etc. so home prices, and thus rents, have gone up in recent years.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home