Friday, December 23, 2005

An Explanation

Since I have sent this link to friends who we have not been able to talk to one-on-one yet, I thought I had better explain what this is all about. A few weeks ago, I was contacted by a recruiter from Habitat for Humanity International to ask if I would consider interviewing for the position of "Director of Construction and Environmental Resources." I decided to go for it, and a few days after the interview process they called to offer me the position, which I have accepted. This is an international position requiring us to move to Habitat headquarters in Americus, Georgia.
It is a great opportunity for us, and I am excited about this next big step in our lives. Yes, it is very difficult leaving family, friends, and deep roots in this community, but we will trust in God that we are doing the right thing, and that He will use our talents and abilities in a mighty way. We appreciate your support and prayers as we go through this time of change.

9 Comments:

At 4:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The best to you and Laurie. I am excited for you. Glad you did this 'blog' as it is a great way to stay in touch with your very large family and circle of friends. I look forward to hearing more.

 
At 6:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How exciting. I know that it has been a difficult decision, especially since you are moving away from your grandkids. I know you have both given it much prayer and that God will bless you indeed. Am looking forward to hearing about your new life down there.

 
At 11:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are happy for your success, but will miss you terribly. We will be interested in seeing where you are and what you are doing. I will enjoy this chance to keep in touch. I know someone famous now!
Sherry

 
At 1:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bittersweet. You just don't think about it until a time like this comes around. I trust God will bring us back together again some day soon.....Good Luck and God Bless. Thanks for creating this "Blog" thing. I never used one, but can see its benefits for a situation like this!

 
At 9:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations
We are happy for both of you.
Life will change, but all for the good. We will miss you.
from Aunt Ann & Uncle Don

 
At 10:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like this I can read what other say.

 
At 7:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Godspeed my friends.
You are definitely stepping out of the boat in faith. May the Lord ease your fears and the heavy heart you must have. God with God, and he shall make the way for you.
Good luck with the build in Texas!

terry

 
At 7:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOPS!
That should be "Go With God..."
so much for proof reading.

;o)
tjd

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger Set Your Sails said...

Congratulations, Mark! I know it's a big step, but a very exciting one! I am eager to read about your new adventures...
-Mayra

 

Post a Comment

<< Home