Saturday, October 04, 2008

At Long Last. . .

Well, if anyone is still checking this blog after 3 months, finally some new material. It's been a busy summer in SoCal, so I will go through some random photos to catch you up.

I made a trip back to South Bend, Indiana in August to celebrate Mom's birthday and visit family and friends. This is everyone in my immediate family except my brother Walt who didn't make it in. Missing, of course, are my sisters Rosalie and Christine, my brother Brian, and our Dad Barney, who have all passed.
Here is Mom with her birthday cake. We had a great day together! Becky and Jeff are in the background.

Earlier in the summer, from June to August, we had Ryin and Adan out for a visit. They really enjoyed the many things LA has to offer, especially the beach! This is Seal Beach on the south end of LA, in Orange county.

Adan the California beach dude!
Last weekend Laurie and I explored part of the Palos Verdes peninsula where we found this Frank Lloyd Wright building called the Mariner's Cathedral. It is a beautiful glass church with a view of the pacific a few hundred feet below.

We hiked the beach to a rocky point at low tide. It was cool exploring the tidal pools for sea life and enjoying the sun and views.

This shot is of star fish and other creatures in a tidal pool.

That's it for now. I have a trip to Atlanta next week for business, and I think Laurie and I are going to Austin in a few weeks to visit a friend for a long weekend.

I hope you are all well! Mark

2 Comments:

At 6:12 PM, Blogger Mallori and Nathaniel said...

of course were still checking the blog! good to hear from you

 
At 1:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved seeing your blog, I still check it from time to time. It is like you are just around the corner.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home